- Company Retirement Benefits
- Social Security and Medicare Benefits
- Investments and Taxes
- If You Decide to Move
- Putting It All Together
- Think about beginning to reposition some of your investments. See the section Fine-Tuning Your Investment Strategy.
- Review your income tax situation. Once you retire, your employer will no longer be withholding income taxes for you. So be aware that you may have to start making estimated tax payments after you retire. If you are receiving an annuity from a company retirement plan, income taxes should be withheld on the annuity. Take this into account when determining if you have to make estimated payments.
- When you retire, it may affect the vesting, exercisability and expiration of company stock options. If applicable, check your employer's plan to become familiar with the rules so that you take the appropriate course of action.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If applicable, determine when to exercise your employer stock options. You may have only a limited window of opportunity. Know the expiration dates of your options and whether they are affected by your retirement.
- Review your will. Make sure that a revision of the tax laws, or a change in your status or your family status, won't affect the terms of the will. Make sure that your will reflects your current wishes, and addresses your current estate.
Securities and advisory services are offered through LPL Financial (LPL), a registered investment advisor and broker-dealer (member FINRA/SIPC). Insurance products are offered through LPL or its licensed affiliates. Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union and Mint Wealth Advisors are not registered as a broker-dealer or investment advisor. Registered representatives of LPL offer products and services using Mint Wealth Advisors, and may also be employees of Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union. These products and services are being offered through LPL or its affiliates, which are separate entities from, and not affiliates of, Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union or Mint Wealth Advisors. Securities and insurance offered through LPL or its affiliates are:
|Not NCUA Insuredor Any Other Government Agency||No Credit Union Guarantee||Not Credit Union Deposits||May Lose Value|
The LPL Financial Registered Representatives associated with this site may only discuss and/or transact securities business with residents of the following states: NJ, PA, NY, DE, AZ, MI, FL, MD, TX, VA, GA, NC.
Financial Learning Center content created by TrueBridge, Inc. The information provided is based upon sources and data believed to be accurate and reliable. The content contained herein is intended for information and illustrative purposes only, should not in any way be construed as a personal recommendation, and should be used in conjunction with individual professional advice.