- Company Retirement Benefits
- Social Security and Medicare Benefits
- Investments and Taxes
- If You Decide to Move
- Putting It All Together
- Before you leave your job, get records you may need, such as written material on your retirement health benefits and other benefits. Check with your company to see if they have any special offers for retirees.
- Schedule an appointment with your employer's human resource department to discuss retirement plan options and confirm the amount of your benefits.
- Read your most recent employer benefits statement and check the statement for accuracy.
- Review your own retirement savings outside company plans. See the section Taking Inventory for more information.
- Consider hiring a professional to analyze your various payout options for your retirement benefits.
- Contact former employers about retirement benefits that you may have coming from them. Make sure to include your Social Security number, your address, and the approximate dates of your employment. Give them about six month's notification of your pending retirement, so they can do all the necessary paperwork.
Securities and advisory services are offered through LPL Financial (LPL), a registered investment advisor and broker-dealer (member FINRA/SIPC). Insurance products are offered through LPL or its licensed affiliates. Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union and Mint Wealth Advisors are not registered as a broker-dealer or investment advisor. Registered representatives of LPL offer products and services using Mint Wealth Advisors, and may also be employees of Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union. These products and services are being offered through LPL or its affiliates, which are separate entities from, and not affiliates of, Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union or Mint Wealth Advisors. Securities and insurance offered through LPL or its affiliates are:
|Not NCUA Insuredor Any Other Government Agency||No Credit Union Guarantee||Not Credit Union Deposits||May Lose Value|
The LPL Financial Registered Representatives associated with this site may only discuss and/or transact securities business with residents of the following states: NJ, PA, NY, DE, AZ, MI, FL, MD, TX, VA, GA, NC.
Financial Learning Center content created by TrueBridge, Inc. The information provided is based upon sources and data believed to be accurate and reliable. The content contained herein is intended for information and illustrative purposes only, should not in any way be construed as a personal recommendation, and should be used in conjunction with individual professional advice.