- Will You Qualify for Social Security Retirement Benefits?
- When Can You Collect Full Social Security Retirement Benefits?
- How Much Will You Collect?
- What Can Your Spouse Expect to Receive?
- What If You Want to Receive Social Security Retirement Benefits Early?
- How Much Can You Earn without Reducing Your Benefits?
- What If You Postpone Collecting Your Benefits?
- How About Inflation and Social Security?
- Will Your Social Security Benefits be Taxable?
- Auditing Your Social Security Statement
Your actual retirement benefit is based on your average adjusted earnings over your working lifetime. Social Security adjusts your earnings for inflation and the number of years worked and then uses a specific formula to determine your actual benefit. The formula is weighted to favor low-income workers since they have had less opportunity to save over the years.
The best way to find out what you can expect is to review your Social Security Statement (see the section Auditing Your Social Security Statement).
Securities and advisory services are offered through LPL Financial (LPL), a registered investment advisor and broker-dealer (member FINRA/SIPC). Insurance products are offered through LPL or its licensed affiliates. Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union and Mint Wealth Advisors are not registered as a broker-dealer or investment advisor. Registered representatives of LPL offer products and services using Mint Wealth Advisors, and may also be employees of Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union. These products and services are being offered through LPL or its affiliates, which are separate entities from, and not affiliates of, Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union or Mint Wealth Advisors. Securities and insurance offered through LPL or its affiliates are:
|Not NCUA Insuredor Any Other Government Agency||No Credit Union Guarantee||Not Credit Union Deposits||May Lose Value|
The LPL Financial Registered Representatives associated with this site may only discuss and/or transact securities business with residents of the following states: NJ, PA, NY, DE, AZ, MI, FL, MD, TX, VA, GA, NC.
Financial Learning Center content created by TrueBridge, Inc. The information provided is based upon sources and data believed to be accurate and reliable. The content contained herein is intended for information and illustrative purposes only, should not in any way be construed as a personal recommendation, and should be used in conjunction with individual professional advice.