- What is identity theft?
- Types of identity theft
- How thieves get your personal information
- Keep important numbers safe
- Keeping prying eyes out
- Keep online transactions safe
- Identity theft warning signs
- What is a fraud alert?
- What is security freeze?
- Resources for more information
To find out more information about identity theft, consult the following resources.
Federal Trade Commission
- www.ftc.gov/idtheft or 1-877-ID-THEFT (1-877-438-4338)
- Call the FTC hotline or visit the website to get more information and to report identity theft to the federal government. You can fill out an identity theft affidavit via the FTC that will help you begin to work with companies, financial institutions, and creditors to restore your good name.
- Forward suspicious spam or suspected phishing emails to email@example.com.
Credit Reporting Agencies
- Experian (ww.experian.com or 1-888-397-3742)
- Equifax (www.equifax.com or 1-800-525-6285)
- TransUnion (www.transunion.com or 1-800-916-8800)
All three credit reporting agencies have fraud departments that will help you investigate potential inaccuracies on your credit reports.
Securities and advisory services are offered through LPL Financial (LPL), a registered investment advisor and broker-dealer (member FINRA/SIPC). Insurance products are offered through LPL or its licensed affiliates. Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union and Mint Wealth Advisors are not registered as a broker-dealer or investment advisor. Registered representatives of LPL offer products and services using Mint Wealth Advisors, and may also be employees of Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union. These products and services are being offered through LPL or its affiliates, which are separate entities from, and not affiliates of, Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union or Mint Wealth Advisors. Securities and insurance offered through LPL or its affiliates are:
|Not NCUA Insuredor Any Other Government Agency||No Credit Union Guarantee||Not Credit Union Deposits||May Lose Value|
The LPL Financial Registered Representatives associated with this site may only discuss and/or transact securities business with residents of the following states: NJ, PA, NY, DE, AZ, MI, FL, MD, TX, VA, GA, NC.
Financial Learning Center content created by TrueBridge, Inc. The information provided is based upon sources and data believed to be accurate and reliable. The content contained herein is intended for information and illustrative purposes only, should not in any way be construed as a personal recommendation, and should be used in conjunction with individual professional advice.