- Installment Plans
- Prepayment Discount
- Quick and Not So Quick Solutions
- How to Stash Away Extra Cash
Here are some good ways to get your child involved. He or she can:
- Work during summers and part-time during the school year.
- Spend two years at a lower-cost community college, saving money on room and board while living at home, then transfer to a four-year school.
- Attend a state university that has lower tuition for state residents.
- Let the military pay through the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC). The Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force offer scholarships that pay most or all of schooling costs plus a monthly stipend; but your student must serve up to eight years, with an option of serving four years on active duty, upon graduation. And, while in school, he or she must attend ROTC classes. For details, contact your local recruiting center.
- Go to a military academy. West Point, Annapolis, and the Air Force Academy are all free, but difficult to get into.
- Select a school with a co-op program that alternates working and attending classes. Check out the National Commission for Cooperative Education at www.co-op.edu.
- Put your child on a budget and make sure he or she sticks to it.
Securities and advisory services are offered through LPL Financial (LPL), a registered investment advisor and broker-dealer (member FINRA/SIPC). Insurance products are offered through LPL or its licensed affiliates. Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union and Mint Wealth Advisors are not registered as a broker-dealer or investment advisor. Registered representatives of LPL offer products and services using Mint Wealth Advisors, and may also be employees of Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union. These products and services are being offered through LPL or its affiliates, which are separate entities from, and not affiliates of, Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union or Mint Wealth Advisors. Securities and insurance offered through LPL or its affiliates are:
|Not NCUA Insuredor Any Other Government Agency||No Credit Union Guarantee||Not Credit Union Deposits||May Lose Value|
The LPL Financial Registered Representatives associated with this site may only discuss and/or transact securities business with residents of the following states: NJ, PA, NY, DE, AZ, MI, FL, MD, TX, VA, GA, NC.
Financial Learning Center content created by TrueBridge, Inc. The information provided is based upon sources and data believed to be accurate and reliable. The content contained herein is intended for information and illustrative purposes only, should not in any way be construed as a personal recommendation, and should be used in conjunction with individual professional advice.