- Planning for Your Children's College Education
- Tax Savings Opportunities
- Big Picture Preview
- Fund Your Retirement Plans First
- Don't Agonize–Get Active
College costs are increasing at a high rate at both private and public schools. Four years of tuition and room and board at a private college could reach astronomical levels. And public colleges, although significantly less expensive than their private counterparts, are still costly. It is important to understand the choices and options available to you to help you plan carefully for this major expenditure.
Take some time to explore this section. When you've done so, you will:
- Have an idea about how much college will cost.
- Have basic information on investment alternatives you should consider.
- Know if it makes sense to own the investments yourself or to keep them in your child's name.
- Be familiar with alternative pre-funding plans and sources of loans when you haven't saved enough.
- Understand the various education tax incentives available.
- Have basic knowledge of the financial aid process and ways to improve your eligibility.
- Know where to go to get more information on scholarships.
- Be able to develop an action plan to best meet your overall college funding needs.
Securities and advisory services are offered through LPL Financial (LPL), a registered investment advisor and broker-dealer (member FINRA/SIPC). Insurance products are offered through LPL or its licensed affiliates. Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union and Mint Wealth Advisors are not registered as a broker-dealer or investment advisor. Registered representatives of LPL offer products and services using Mint Wealth Advisors, and may also be employees of Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union. These products and services are being offered through LPL or its affiliates, which are separate entities from, and not affiliates of, Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union or Mint Wealth Advisors. Securities and insurance offered through LPL or its affiliates are:
|Not NCUA Insuredor Any Other Government Agency||No Credit Union Guarantee||Not Credit Union Deposits||May Lose Value|
The LPL Financial Registered Representatives associated with this site may only discuss and/or transact securities business with residents of the following states: NJ, PA, NY, DE, AZ, MI, FL, MD, TX, VA, GA, NC.
Financial Learning Center content created by TrueBridge, Inc. The information provided is based upon sources and data believed to be accurate and reliable. The content contained herein is intended for information and illustrative purposes only, should not in any way be construed as a personal recommendation, and should be used in conjunction with individual professional advice.